Planning for the Future
The Planning Division is responsible for implementing City policies that direct the physical development of the City through advanced and current planning functions.
The primary functions of Dublin’s Planning Division include:
- Assisting the City Council, Planning Commission, and the community with creating guiding policies that shape the future of development in Dublin
- Preparing amendments to the General Plan, Specific Plans, and Zoning Ordinance
- Coordinating with local, regional and state agencies
- Reviewing residential, commercial, office, and industrial development projects to ensure compliance with City policies
- Completing an environmental review of projects in accordance with the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA)
- Providing support to the Planning Commission
- Providing enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance.
COVID-19 Business Relief:
The Dublin City Council has authorized the temporary waiver of certain Zoning Ordinance requirements to facilitate business operations affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Additional information regarding these efforts to facilitate business operations and the related waiver applications can be found here.
E-mail Based Planning Applications:
The Planning Division now offers the ability to submit Planning applications via e-mail. For more information, see our E-Mail Based Planning Applications handout.
Please check our frequently asked questions section for commonly asked Planning questions. Should you need further information, please call the Community Development Department at 925-833-6610.