"Go, Park, Read!
The City of Dublin has installed little library boxes at 10 different public parks throughout Dublin. Little Library programs are a catalyst for building community, inspiring readers, and expanding book access. Little Library boxes provide 24/7 access to books and encourage literary proficiency by sharing favorite books with the community through the honor system.
The City has partnered with the Friends of the Dublin Library to provide books at the program start. The community is encouraged to "Take a Book, Share a Book!"
Through an open call-for-artists and selection process, ten local artists were selected to paint pre-fabricated library boxes, enhancing the program through visual arts. Artists were encouraged to be as creative as possible when approaching this project. The final designs are inviting and encourage patron engagement. Selected artists were paid a stipend of $500 for their work.
- Schaefer Ranch Park - Artist Dasha Kryuchkova
- Dublin Heritage Park and Museums - Artist May Yin Giang
- Shannon Community Park - Artist Vanessa Thomas
- Alamo Creek Park - Artist Exaterina Bazlakova
- Kolb Park - Artist Robert Bennett
- Emerald Glen Park - Artist Deirdre Weinberg
- Fallon Sports Park - Artist Sophia Lee
- Jordan Ranch Park - Artist Rhonda Chase
- Butterfly Knoll Park - Artist Iris Chen
- Don Biddle Community Park - Artist Ranjini Venkatachari
For more information on "Go, Park, Read!" please contact email@example.com or call 925-556-4500.