Solar App+ for Solar Installers
SolarAPP+ Automated Solar Plan Reviews
Before applying for an automated solar plan review and solar permit, projects must follow certain requirements. At this time, SolarAPP+ is designed to provide a code-compliance check for the majority of residential, roof-mounted, retrofit photovoltaic systems. To see which systems are eligible, please refer to the Eligibility Checklists. Only projects that conform to this lists are eligible to use the automated SolarAPP+ portal for instant permitting.
- How to Start using SolarApp+
- Register through the SolarAPP+ Registration Webpage.
- If already registered, please skip to step 2.
- Submit for automated review through SolarAPP+
- To start using SolarAPP+, log in and submit your design through the SolarAPP+ Webpage.
- A processing fee from SolarAPP+ and City of Dublin permit fees will be charged.
- Download the approved plans.
- Receive an email within 24 business hours containing the City of Dublin permit number (for example BLDG-2022-XXXXX) needed for scheduling inspections.
- Schedule an Inspection:
- Inspections are available during normal City business hours and can be requested for morning (8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.) or afternoon (11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.).
- Please have the City of Dublin permit number (example BLDG-2022-XXXXX), type of inspection requested, address, site contact name and contact phone number.
- Option 1: Schedule inspections using the City’s electronic inspections scheduling system. Online inspections can be scheduled up until 5:00 a.m. the morning of your scheduled inspection.
- Option 2: Call in for inspections at (925) 833-6620, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., the business day before you would like your inspection. You must speak to a live person. Inspection requests will not be accepted by voicemails.
- Two-hour windows can be given on the day of already scheduled inspections by calling (925) 833-6620 between 7:15 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.
Solar App+ Tutorials
- What is SolarAPP+?
- Where is SolarAPP+ available?
- What projects qualify to be submitted in SolarAPP+?
- Is there a limit on system size SolarAPP+ can review?
- How much does SolarAPP+ cost an installer to use?
- How do I register with SolarAPP+?
- How do I submit a project through SolarAPP+?
- How do I make changes to approved SolarAPP+ plans?
- Being prepared for Solarapp+ inspection.
- Contractors Guide: Release notes