A Spare the Air Alert has been issued in the Bay Area.
Concentrations of ground-level ozone pollution are forecast to be unhealthy Saturday, June 29.
Residents are encouraged to drive less and reduce their energy use tomorrow and every day so pollution levels are lower, preventing health alerts when temperatures are high.
To help prevent smog this summer, please:
- Bike to work or around town
- Take public transit
- Carpool and link your errands to reduce driving
- Avoid using gas-powered lawn mowers and leaf blowers
- Reduce household energy use
- Don’t use lighter fluid on the barbecue
- Avoid using aerosol spray cleaners, paints and hairspray
High levels of ozone pollution are particularly harmful for young children, seniors and those with respiratory and heart conditions. Vigorous outdoor exercise should be undertaken only in the early morning hours when ozone concentrations are lower.