The 35th Annual Lions Club St. Patrick’s Day Parade and 20th Annual Shamrock 5K Fun Run and Walk, all part of the St. Patrick’s Day Festival weekend, Saturday and Sunday, March 17-18, will require several street closures in support of these events.
On Saturday, March 17, the Lions Club St. Patrick’s Day Parade will require closure of Amador Plaza Road between Dublin Boulevard and Amador Valley Boulevard from 7:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. Additional closures from 8:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. include:
- Dublin Boulevard westbound from Village Parkway to Amador Plaza Road
- Village Parkway southbound from Amador Valley Boulevard to Dublin Boulevard
- Amador Valley Boulevard eastbound from Regional Street to Village Parkway
On Sunday, March 18, the 20th Annual Shamrock 5K Fun Run and Walk will impact the following streets from 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.:
- Dublin Boulevard westbound from Sierra Court to Village Parkway
- Village Parkway northbound from Dublin Boulevard to Amador Valley Boulevard
- Amador Valley Boulevard eastbound from Village Parkway to Wildwood Road
- Southbound side of York Drive
- Northbound side of Penn Drive
Community members are advised that closed lanes of traffic cannot be crossed until there is a break in the line of racers. Police officers and course monitors will be positioned at key intersections to help direct people safely out of their neighborhoods. Additionally, “No Parking” zones will be posted on the race route along northbound Village Parkway, eastbound Amador Valley Boulevard, southbound York Drive, and northbound Penn Drive. If a residence is located along a “No Parking” zone, the City recommends that residents park their cars across the street from their residence or outside of the race route.
Visitors to Dublin during the festival weekend can ride BART to both the East or West Dublin BART station and take a free ride on a Wheels bus (Wheels Rapid 30R bus), which will drop off passengers at the festival and race entry at Civic Plaza. Riders should collect a free pass from the Wheels driver for the return ride. Parking is also free at both Dublin BART stations during the weekend of the event.