The City of Dublin is seeking input from the Dublin community on the naming of two new parks currently in the design/construction phase. Both parks are located in the Irongate residential community, which is bounded by Dublin Boulevard, Central Parkway, Fallon Road, and Lockhart Street.
The first park, a two-acre neighborhood square, shares a northern boundary with open space and trail connection (a future bike trail that will cross through the square from north to south) and is near a creek corridor.
The second park, a 10.75-acre nature community park, features walking trails connecting surrounding neighborhoods to the neighborhood square described above, the bike trail, Dublin Boulevard, and an overlook at the top of the hill.
As a general guideline, names for the park should reflect the following considerations:
- Geographic location and characteristics
- Landscaping, topography, natural features
- Design amenities or features
- Historical significance
- Recognition of a significant contributor to the advancement of the City of Dublin
- Land or area that is traditionally known by a familiar name
- Adjoining neighborhood, area, or street
Suggestions will be accepted through Sunday, October 9, 2016. Please click on the survey link below to give us your recommendations.