The City of Dublin will host a fun, free, and informative workshop to teach residents what they can do to reduce water use during this drought. The event will be held on Saturday, May 3, from 9:00 AM - 1:30 PM, in the Regional Meeting Room at City Hall.
The schedule includes:
• Indoor Tips & Tricks – 9:00 to 9:15 AM: Great indoor water efficiency tips and a do-it-yourself demonstration.
• Compost Workshop – 9:15 to 10:00 AM: How to compost organic waste to improve soil health and water retention.
• “Lose Your Lawn” – 10:15 to 11:30 AM: A demonstration and presentation on how to lose the lawn, along with design and plant selection.
• Keynote Speaker – 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM: John Greenlee is the author of two grass ecology books and will teach participants how to transform a boring, water-hungry lawn into something beautiful and earth-friendly.
• Water Wise Irrigation – 12:30 to 1:15 PM: How to save water in the yard with good watering methods, a how-to demonstration, and drip irrigation tips for do-it-yourself home gardeners.
Registration to the event is not required, but is recommended.