Green General Store

an old car parked in front of the Green General Store with a group of men standing around

​Green General Store


  • The Green General Store was registered with California’s Office of Historic Preservation on December 7, 1979.
  • This building is not officially a part of Heritage Park, but it does sit right across the street and played a very important role in the development of Dublin.
  • Established by John Green and built in 1860, this was Dublin’s first general store.
  • George Kolb, Jr., purchased the store in 1894 and ran it until 1909.  At that time, it was known as the Kolb’s General Store.
  • In 1896, George Kolb, Jr., married Wilhelmina Hartung and they moved into a cottage behind the store (where Challenge Butter is currently located).
  • This building has been many things over the years -- general store, post office, library, and restaurant.  It is now serving as a church.