Mission & Vision
Ensuring the Prosperity & Well-Being of Our CommunityThe City Council adopted Dublin's Mission and Vision statements as part of the City's Strategic Plan. These statements are intended to serve as guidance for the City Council and commissions in their deliberations on various proposals presented to them, and to ensure that our developing community remains happy, healthy, and well-balanced. These statements were updated and modified in August 2020.
Our MissionThe City of Dublin promotes and supports a high quality of life, ensures a safe and secure environment, fosters new opportunities, provides equity across all programs, and champions a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Dublin is a great community to live, work, and raise a family. Dublin values:
- Safety - We are dedicated to excellent public safety resources, including police and fire.
- Finances - We will strive to be fiscally transparent and balance our budgets annually.
- Inclusivity - We will advocate for programs and policies that support inclusive access to housing and cultural opportunities.
- Diversity - We will support a wide range of programs and events that reflect and cater to the diversity of our residents.
- Equity - We will deliver our services in a way that ensures equitable access to all.
- Innovation - We will continue to innovate in every aspect of government and promote innovation within the business community.
- Customer Service - We will provide welcoming, excellent customer services to our residents and businesses at all times.
- Living an Active Lifestyle - We will continuously promote an active lifestyle through our parks and facilities and encourage participation in local sports.
- History - We will honor our history through places and programs that remind people of our beginnings.
- Business - We will provide a full spectrum of opportunity by supporting current and prospective businesses through ongoing economic development efforts and helping them grow and thrive locally.
- Environmental Sustainability - We will continue to lead in building a well-planned sustainable community and protecting our natural resources.
As part of Dublin's long-term strategic planning process, the City Council developed a list of strategy areas which would provide a focused framework for the City's allocation of resources over the next two years (updated in 2022):