Transportation Demand Management
Transportation Demand Management (TDM) is a program of information, encouragement, and incentives that helps reduce the demand of single occupancy vehicles. There are many different transportation options available in Dublin that can help you avoid driving, live a healthier lifestyle, improve the environment, and save you money.
Guaranteed Ride Home
The Alameda County Transportation Commission operates the Guaranteed Ride Home Program for employers in the County with 100 or more employees who rideshare, take public transit, bike or walk to work and need a ride due to an emergency. To be eligible for the program you must register: http://grh.alamedactc.org/.
Commuters can use rideshare matching programs to find someone to carpool with! Sharing your ride with just one other person reduces your commuting expenses by almost half and helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions!
Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) provides transportation services throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and has two stations that serve Dublin:
- The Dublin/Pleasanton station is located at the intersection of Demarcus Boulevard and Iron Horse Parkway just south of Dublin Boulevard.
- The West Dublin/Pleasanton station is located at the southern end of Golden Gate Drive just south of Dublin Boulevard.
"Wheels" provides bus and paratransit services throughout the Cities of Dublin, Pleasanton, Livermore, and portions of unincorporated Alameda County. Please visit the Wheels website for more information.
Go Dublin! For a limited time, Wheels will pay half your fare (up to $5) for rideshare trips that start AND end IN Dublin on UBER, Lyft, and Desoto Cab Company. Simply apply the promo code GODUBLIN, then select uberPOOL, Lyft Line, or Desoto Share as your mode choice and you are on your way! For more information go to Go Dublin.
If you live close to your workplace, public transportation, or even the store, consider walking instead of driving your automobile. Walking costs nothing, creates no pollution, and requires no fuel. It’s also an excellent way to exercise and connect with your community.
Biking is an effective, fun, and healthy way to commute or run errands.
- Check out a map of Dublin's bike lanes and trails.
- Use this 511 mapper to find bike routes anywhere in the Bay Area!
- Bikes and BART: The BART Board of Directors has elected to allow bicycles on all BART trains at all times in all stations, with some restrictions. Visit the BART website to learn more.
- Make sure you know the bicycle rules of the road.
- Commute by bike!
- Find a Safe Routes to School map for your DUSD Elementary School.