- City Manager’s Office
- Military Banner Program
Military Banner Program
The Military Banner Program was created in 2018 to honor local veterans and active-duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces. The City of Dublin is pleased to continue the program in 2023.
The application period for the 2023 Military Banner Sponsorship program is now closed. The application period for the 2024 Military Banner Sponsorship Program will be announced in February 2024.
The 2023 Military Banners will be displayed along Dougherty Road between Scarlett Drive and Amador Valley Boulevard starting Memorial Day, May 29, 2023, through Veterans Day, November 11, 2023. Please see the 2023 Military Banner Program Walking Tour Map for a self-guided tour.
At the end of the exhibition period, banners will be presented to the honorees (or sponsors) at a City Council meeting in December 2023.
Each custom banner features:
- photo of the honoree
- status (active duty, veteran, retired)
To qualify for the Military Banner Program, the following criteria must be met:
- Must complete the application. (The application period for the 2024 program will be announced in February 2024.)
- The honoree must be an active duty member or military veteran (Honorably Discharged) of the United States Armed Forces.
- The honoree must be:
- a current resident of Dublin, California, or
- have an immediate family member living in the City of Dublin (spouse, parent, sibling, child, or grandchild), or
- be a former Dublin resident with a demonstrated long-term, positive impact on the Dublin community (subject to approval by the City of Dublin).
Sponsor Application Process
Applications will be processed in the order received. There is a fee of $200 to sponsor a banner, however, payment is not required until after the application has been approved. Financial assistance may be available if you are unable to afford the sponsorship fee. Please contact the City Manager's Office at 925-833-6650 or via email.
Step 1: Fill out the online application form to express interest in sponsoring a banner. The 2024 program application period will be announced in February 2024.
Step 2: After submitting the application, within two business days, you will be sent an email with a link to the secure online platform, DocuSign, to upload the following information:
- Verification of military status: To verify active military status, please visit the Department of Defense website and save a copy of the verification page to upload. If the honoree is a military veteran, you will need to provide a copy of the Veteran’s DD214. Requests for the Veteran's DD214 can also be submitted via the National Archives.
- An official military photo of the honoree (photo must be high resolution – scanned at 100% size and 150 dpi resolution). No hardcopy photos will be accepted. Acceptable image files include .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .tif, .tiff or PDF.
- Proof of residency (copy of current utility bill, etc.) showing name and address of honoree or related sponsor.
- ONLY for non-resident honorees without any immediate family in Dublin: a concise narrative detailing the honoree’s demonstrated long-term, positive impact on the Dublin community. Limit one page (PDF or Word Document).
Step 3: Once approved, you will be sent an invoice for the sponsorship fee. You will need to pay the sponsorship fee by the established due date (TBD).
If you have questions about the Military Banner Program, please contact the City Manager's Office at 925-833-6650 or via email.