Recovery Boost Grant
The City of Dublin’s Recovery Boost Grant Program (“program”) was established to help mitigate the severe impacts of the pandemic and related health orders on small businesses in Dublin. The program is specifically intended to support the recovery efforts of businesses that have incurred economic losses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The program provides a grant of up to $10,000 to reimburse an eligible small business for expenses incurred related to the COVID-19 pandemic. The grant does not need to be repaid. Download the program factsheet (PDF).
Examples of reimbursement requests will be considered for:
- Outdoor Operations (i.e. outdoor tents, canopies, heaters, weather protection, barricades, visibility, etc.)
- Interior Alterations (i.e. plexiglass partitions, HEPA air purifiers, dividers, durable safety signage, etc.)
- Physical Improvements to install a take-out/pick-up window
- Digital Technology Equipment and/or Services (i.e. online or contactless payment systems, website creation, video conferencing hardware and software, etc.) - limit $5,000 for this category
- Personal Protective Equipment, Cleaning and Sanitation Supplies, Health and Safety Equipment – limit $5,000 for this category
- Marketing and Business Promotion (i.e. advertising signage, print advertising, social media, etc.) – limit $5,000 for this category
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS
Eligible businesses must:
- Be a brick and mortar business located in Dublin, California
- Have an active City of Dublin business license
- Be an independently owned business, not a corporately held business
- Be in good standing with the City and currently operating (as allowed within current Health Order restrictions)
- Have no more than 50 employees
Eligible businesses include retail, restaurant, personal care services (e.g., hair or nail salon, barber, skin care, waxing services, tattoo parlor, etc.), fitness, medical offices (chiropractors, dentists, optometrists, etc.), tutoring centers, indoor recreation, and family entertainment centers.
Businesses not eligible to receive a grant include, but are not limited to: home-based businesses, chain stores and franchises that are corporately-owned, non-profit entities, hotels, insurance companies, lending and investment institutions, professional services (such as accountants, architects, engineering services, lawyers, etc.), childcare facilities and schools (including pre-schools).
Apply Now - this link will take you to the DocuSign portal to complete your application.
- Applications will only be accepted through an online portal starting at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, December 18, 2020.
- Applicants will need to provide receipts for all expenditures. Receipts must clearly show vendor name, date of purchase, item purchase price, etc. Expenses must have been incurred during the COVID-19 pandemic starting on March 16, 2020.
- Applicants will need to provide an Expense Claim Form (.xls file) Note: You may also upload your own file, so long as all the same information is provided. Include the date of the purchase, item description, vendor (where purchased), the amount spent and the category for each expense.
- Applicants will need to provide a signed IRS W-9 Form.
- As part of the application, applicants must agree that no payment received from this grant program will be used to cover costs reimbursed by other sources of funding, including but not limited to federal, state, or local sources or insurance payments.
- As part of the application, applicants must agree that the business adheres to all applicable federal, state, and local laws as well as the State of California and Alameda County COVID-19 regulations and guidelines to receive grant reimbursement.
Applications will be reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis and will be accepted on a rolling basis until the available funds have been awarded.
The City will review and process applications as quickly as possible and will notify applicants of the status of their application via e-mail within 10 business days.
PREPARING TO APPLY FOR A RECOVERY BOOST GRANT
- You can download a preview of the application (PDF) and an application tutorial (PDF).
- Review the list of support files formats that can be uploaded in DocuSign as part of the Application.
- You can complete your Expense Claim Form in advance, however, the W-9 form must be completed and signed online as part of the Application.
- Watch short video tutorials on DocuSign's YouTube Channel about basic signing features, authentication methods, and other signing actions.
- Read the Program FAQ (PDF, updated 12/16/2020).
SUPPORT PROVIDED TO DATE
Within the first two months of the program, the City received more than 13 applications. As of February 16, 2021, 91% of those applications have already been reviewed, resulting in grants to 99 businesses totaling approximately $597,000 in funding. Download the list of recipients as of 2/16/21 (PDF).
If you have additional questions about the Program or the application process, contact the Office of Economic Development via email or call City Hall at 925-833-6650.
To make a request for disability-related modification or accommodation in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact Economic Development Staff via email or call City Hall at 925-833-6650. Please allow at least 72 hours to process the request.
Language assistance is available over the phone. To request an interpreter, call 925-833-6650 during business hours and ask to speak with Suzanne Iarla in the Office of Economic Development.