Who is responsible for trees located in the planter strip in front of my house?

Trees in planter strips or private yard areas are the responsibility of the private property owners to maintain. Removal or trimming of a tree located in a planter strip in front of your house is the property owner’s responsibility. Before removal or trimming of any tree, please contact the Planning Division of the Community Development Department at (925) 833-6610 to verify whether or not the tree is a Heritage Tree. For more information on Heritage Trees, please review Chapter 5.60 of the City's Municipal Code. Trees located in the street medians or sidewalk tree wells on major arterial streets are maintained by the City of Dublin. To report a City tree that requires maintenance please contact the Maintenance Division of Public Works at (925) 833-6630 or submit your requests online by using Fix It - Dublin.

Show All Answers

1. How do I report a street light that needs to be repaired?
2. Who should I contact to report a malfunctioning traffic signal?
3. Who do I contact to set-up water and sewer at my house or business?
4. What should I do if my sidewalk in front of my house is damaged?
5. Who is responsible for replacing damaged sidewalks?
6. Who do I contact regarding my concerns with traffic signal timing?
7. How do I request a new street light be installed on my street?
8. When is my street scheduled to be swept?
9. Who is responsible for trees located in the planter strip in front of my house?
10. Who should I contact if I notice that a sprinkler is broken in the median?
11. Do I need an encroachment permit?
12. How do I dispose of leaves during the fall season?
13. What is a GHAD?
14. When should I contact the GHAD?
15. How do I contact the GHAD?
16. Is there a fee for GHAD services?
17. Is the GHAD a division of the City of Dublin, Alameda County, or any other local authority?
18. Is the GHAD part of the Homeowners Association?
19. How do I find out information about the GHADs within the City of Dublin?
20. How do I find more information about GHADs in California?