The City of Dublin is seeking youth recreation leaders to help with after-school recreation programs and special events. Hiring begins at age 15. The City is also seeking a Lead Preschool Teacher for its Shannon Preschool and Dublin Elementary Preschool.
Under general supervision, the Recreation Leader performs activities in City of Dublin recreation programs including preschool, playground, parks, teens, sports, special events, and seniors. This position supports the After School and Student Union programs. Duties may include:
- Assist in leading recreation activities in program areas such as preschool, playground, parks, teens, sports, special events, and senior citizen activities.
- Assist in planning, overseeing, and carrying out recreational activities appropriate to a variety of locations such as playgrounds, parks, community centers, school sites, and sports facilities.
- Assist in leading activities in areas such as arts and crafts, games, sports, music, drama, and nature study.
- Assist in issuing, receiving, and collecting equipment, games, and supplies.
- Assist in setting up, taking down, and cleaning up recreational facilities, as assigned.
- May provide minor first aid to recreation program participants and/or perform related first aid/emergency techniques.
- Exercise precautions necessary to ensure the safety of recreation program participants and spectators.
Duties for a Lead Preschool Teacher include:
- Oversee weekly program lesson plans taught at Shannon Preschool and Dublin Elementary Preschool.
- Ensure that activities run smoothly and according to program objectives and guidelines and general department philosophy.
- Plan and direct lessons, games, crafts and songs.
- Organize field trips and special events.
- Train, supervise, and evaluate part-time Preschool Teachers and Preschool Aides.
- Maintain a variety of program records including attendance, accounting, accident/incident reports and citizen concerns, and prepare reports relevant to program area.
- Conduct monthly staff meetings.
- Render basic First Aid/CPR as necessary.
- Act as primary liaison between parents and the preschool staff.
- Responsible for communication regarding issues such as parent orientation, parent volunteers, special needs children, kindergarten readiness, and parent counseling.