June 3, 2019
Cal State Center East Bay
Oakland, CA 94607
You will learn and discuss:
Business Workshop: Planning for Profit
Monday, June 3, 2019
At this workshop presented by East Bay SCORE you will learn the financial concepts and reports that allow a business owner to understand the financial health of their business and plan for profitable growth.
- The importance of financial planning
- The key financial terms and definitions
- How to determine the start-up funds your business requires and put together a funding plan
- How to prepare sales projections
- How to plan for ongoing operating expenses
- How to understand the three major financial statements (balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and cash flow statement), and their importance and impact on your business
- How to prepare a breakeven analysis, and why it is important
- How to build a financial projection that will determine if your business is viable
This workshop will be led by SCORE business professionals: Sid Landman and Mike Harris.
Sid Landman has worked over 40 years in corporate America in a variety of organizations ranging in size from start-ups to Fortune 50 companies. His career has been primarily in financial and operating management, but has also included general management and consulting. Sid has a B.S. in Economics and Finance from City College of New York and an MBA in Finance from Loyola of Baltimore. He has taught financial management in the MBA program at Frostburg State College.
Mike Harris - Has spent the majority of his career in high tech marketing management. His broad professional experience also includes retail and finance. His passion is to help small businesses grow and be profitable. Mike has BS with an emphasis on electronics, from Stevens Institute of Technology and an MBA from Santa Clara University.