General Municipal Election - November 3, 2020
1 Mayor Seat - 2-year term
2 Council Seats - 4-year terms
List of Candidates
(On August 13, 2020 the Secretary of State will determine the order of names on the ballot. The City Clerk will post results once they are received.)
Local Government and the Democratic Process
General municipal elections are held in November of even-numbered years.
Members of the City Council are elected at-large to serve the entire community rather than by district. The mayor is directly elected to a two-year term and the four City Council members are elected to four-year staggered terms.
In November 1996, voters in Dublin established term limits which state generally that no one may serve more than eight consecutive years in any combination of positions on the City Council.
Based on an established schedule, candidates must file statements reporting all campaign contributions and expenditures for the designated time period. Candidates cannot accept more than $500 in campaign contributions from a person. Dublin Municipal Code Section 2.28.
- Anyone who is 18 years of age; and,
- A registered voter in Dublin
Contact City Clerk Marsha Moore via email or telephone, at (925) 833-6650, with questions.
- Review the Fair Political Practices Commission (“FPPC”) Campaign Disclosure Manual 2, which is available online at www.fppc.ca.gov. This manual provides information on campaign disclosure rules as required under the Political Reform Act. FPPC provides advice by phone at 1-800-275-3772 or by e-mail at email@example.com. (At this time, email is the best method to reach the FPPC.)
- File FPPC Form 501 Candidate Intention Statement with the City Clerk before receiving contributions or spending own funds. (Blank forms are available from the City Clerk or at www.fppc.ca.gov and Campaign Disclosure Manual 2 gives detailed instructions for completing Form 501.)
- File FPPC Form 410 Statement of Organization with the Secretary of State, along with a filing fee of $50.00, made payable to the Secretary of State, within 10 days of receiving $2,000 in contributions. File a copy of the Form 410 with the city clerk. (Blank forms are available from the City Clerk or at www.fppc.ca.gov and Campaign Disclosure Manual 2 gives detailed instructions for completing Form 410).