The City is currently in the process of completing citywide improvements that will result in more than $28,000,000 in utility savings over the next 25 years and increase resiliency during planned and unplanned power outages. City Council approved a turnkey contract with Willdan on July 20, 2021, to deliver the projects, which will be completed over the next 18-24 months. These projects include, but are not limited to:
- Solar panels at ten sites plus battery storage at four locations
- Replacement of aging generators for emergency back-up power
- Back-up power for 22 traffic signals using either hydrogen fuel cells or lithium-ion batteries
- Building energy efficiency upgrades, including replacement of older heating and air conditioning systems at eight sites to more efficient models combined with smart controls
- LED lighting replacements at 15 locations, including
- Building interiors and exteriors
- Parks, sports fields and courts, pathways, and parking lots
- New electric vehicle charging stations at the Dublin Sports Grounds and Public Safety Complex.
The construction status will be updated as projects progress.