Dublin Pride Week
Volunteer Day Register today for Dublin Pride Volunteer Day! Volunteer on a project that matches your interest or passion. All ages are welcome however for safety reasons anyone under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult. The City of Dublin and Zone 7 require a signed waiver from all participants. Please download and sign the waiver and bring it with you to the event. Extra blank waivers will be on hand the day of the event.
Please note that most of the projects are at a different site from our meeting place, so you will need transportation from Emerald Glen Park to your project around 8:45 a.m. and back to Emerald Glen Park around 12:00 p.m. if you wish to join us for lunch and the Volunteer Fair.
Here are some tips to help make your Volunteer Day experience a success:
- Bring a copy of your signed volunteer waiver: http://dublin.ca.gov/documentcenter/view/18325
- Bring a reusable water bottle. Hydration stations will be on site for filling bottles.
- Wear close-toed shoes, long pants, and a hat.
- Bring your own work gloves, however latex gloves will be available for all volunteers.
- Don’t forget sunscreen!
- 8:00-8:30 Registration and breakfast
- 8:30-8:45 Brief speeches and tool assignments
- 8:45-12:00 Volunteering!
- 12:00-1:00 Volunteer BBQ
- 11:30-1:00 Volunteer Fair- learn about year round volunteer opportunities
Volunteer Day Projects Examples
• Remove litter from our waterways to support a healthy watershed.
• Assist the library with dusting, vacuuming, and cleaning counters and table tops.
• Children's Emergency Food Bank: Promote the food drive at a Safeway store.
• Valor Crossing, Eden Housing: Valor Crossing is a new affordable housing development targeted for U.S. veterans and their families. Volunteers will help with both internal and external painting touch ups and general cleaning.
• Planting in raised beds.
• Plant trees and plants, spread decomposed granite on pathways, fill sand in playgrounds, and spread mulch around planted areas.
• Heritage Park and Museum: Remove weeds and leaves from cemetery plots. Sweep and dust the outside of the historic buildings at Heritage Park.
• Remove weeds from the campuses.
• Paint touch-ups.