Electric vehicle (EV) charging stations
- Shannon Community Center (11600 Shannon Avenue) can accommodate two cars at once.
- Public Safety Complex (6361 Clark Avenue) can accommodate three cars at once.
- Fallon Sports Park (lower level, Central Parkway at Fallon Road) can accommodate three cars at one time.
- Dublin Library (200 Civic Plaza) can accommodate three cars at once.
- Find a public charging station in your area.
The new EV charging stations at Fallon Sports Park and the Shannon Community Center were funded in part by a grant from the Bay Area Air Quality Management District as part of their Charge! Program.
EV Charging Station Policy
- A flat rate fee of $0.28 per kWh will be charged for the use of the station.
- There is a four (4) hour time limit for charging at the EV station. Violators may be subject to towing at owner’s expense.
- Vehicles parked in EV station spaces MUST be connected to the charging station. Violators may be subject to towing at owner’s expense.
Call the City at 925-833-6630 if you have any questions.
Since our 3 EV charging stations were installed at the library in March 2012, public usage has resulted in the following:
EV Charging Station Etiquette
To provide our residents with sustainable transportation opportunities, the City of Dublin sponsors these EV charging stations. To ensure equitable use of limited spaces, we ask you to observe EV Charging Station Etiquette:
- Space reserved for EV charging only.
- Place the cord where no one can trip
- When done, please neatly wind up the cord, plug the charger into the station, and move your vehicle so other EV users can plug in
State of California law on EV’s (AB 475 Butler)
“Electric vehicles (EV’s) must be plugged in for refueling when occupying an EV designated parking space, otherwise they may be towed. In addition, the law prohibits a person from obstructing, blocking, or otherwise barring access to an EV-designated parking space."
Using the Stations
- The equipment and software are managed by ChargePoint. In order to use the stations (which are dual 240/120 volt stations), you will need to access the ChargePoint network.
- To access charging station without a ChargePoint card: Call ChargePoint to get access - you must be parked at one of the stations. ChargePoint staff activate the station. You should hear a click, which means you can now remove plug from the holster, and plug the charging cord into your EV.
- To get a ChargePoint user card: Go to ChargePoint to apply for their user card.